The LCD Taekwon-do goal is to commit to training their students to the highest of standards and ensuring that the student is the best that they can be. This does not just apply to techniques but also to attitude, confidence, respect and discipline – all of which should be the cornerstones of every martial arts training.
With this in mind, we request from the student/parent a similar commitment to the training and classes to ensure we can achieve our main goal. Therefore, by becoming a member of LCD Taekwon-do, the parent/student is hereby agreeing to:
- A minimum of one class of training per week (when classes are scheduled). If the class is missed, attendance must be made up at another LCD school on another night.
This ensures that the student keeps up with his peers as it is not fair on other students if an instructor has to take time out to ‘catch up’ in a class with a student who has missed a class and has fallen behind in what has been taught.
When the student has achieved a higher grade it is expected that training commitment to increase but this will be agreed in advance with the parent/student.
- Minimum class attendance is a requirement that needs to be met in order to sit a belt test.
- Monthly fees to be paid in advance of classes, regardless of actual attendance.
- Application for license/insurance to train is obtained within one month of the commencement of the start of training. If there are two students in the one household, the licences can be applied in two consecutive months.
- Dobok (training suit) to be obtained within 3 months of the start of training or before the first belt test (whatever comes first). If there are two students in the one household, the doboks can be obtained in two consecutive months.
- Protective hand and headguard equipment (including groin guard where appropriate) to be obtained within 6 months of the start of training. Full set to be obtained (ie the addition of protective feet covering) within 1 year of the start of training. If there are two students in the one household, the equipment can be obtained in two consecutive months.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.